As if Jalapeno Poppers by themselves weren’t yummy enough, we’ve gone and turned them into a “jalapeno popper cheesecake” appetizer! A perfect addition to your next tailgating party! This was absolutely tasty! I left out the meat and served this with pita chips, pita bread, and a bunch of different artisan crackers. Paired really well with a few craft beers and white wines!
1 ½ tbsp. Butter, melted, divided
¼ Cup finely grated cheddar cheese
¼ Cup Fine breadcrumbs, toasted
1 cup chopped bacon, cooked crispy, divided
1 cup chopped, cooked bacon
16 oz. cream cheese, room temp. (1 ½ pkg)
¾ lb Sharp cheddar, grated
1 cup Cottage cheese
¾ c Chopped green onion
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbsp. Jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
2 tbsp. Milk
1 Garlic clove, chopped
Put it all together:
- Preheat oven to 325. Butter 9″ spring form pan with ½ tbsp. melted butter.
- Mix breadcrumbs, remaining melted butter, and 1/4 cup cheddar.
- Sprinkle mixture into pan, turning to coat. Refrigerate.
- Place ½ cup cooked bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, milk, and cottage cheese into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Put the mixture into a large bowl and stir in the jalapeno peppers, remaining bacon, green onions, and eggs till well combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Set pan on a baking sheet. Bake 1 1/4 hours. Turn oven off and cool cheesecake about 1 hour with the oven door ajar.
- Transfer cheesecake to rack. Remove sides of pan.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Top with sliced of jalapeno peppers, sour cream, and more bacon!
- Serve with tortilla chips.