Each and every slice of this delicious and juicy herb-roasted chicken partnered with colorful roasted vegetables is a winner!
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp dried sage
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 whole chicken (3lb 5oz.)
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 large onion, quartered
2 c chicken broth
6 oz. new potatoes
3 bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
2 medium zucchini, chunked
1 red onion, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
large roasting pan with rack
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, sage, garlic, and pepper.
- Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken breast – don’t tear it!
- Spread half of the butter mixture under the skin and spread the rest on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with rosemary.
- Place the sliced onions inside the chicken and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
- Place the chicken, breast side up, into the roasting pan.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour.
- Uncover the chicken and place the vegetables on the rack with the chicken.
- Continue roasting until juices run clear. About 40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving dish and allow to rest about 15 minutes.
- Arrange roasted veggies around the chicken and serve.
Fresh fruit salad
Chicken Tomatillo Soup
© 2021 Cooking with LisaB. All Rights Reserved.