Slow-Cooker Swiss Cheese Scalloped Potatoes: Here is a yummy potato dish you can prep a day ahead and set to cook before you head out for the day. If you are going to prep this the night before, do it in the slow-cooker pot and put that in the fridge.
2 pounds redskin potatoes, thinly sliced
3 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/8-inch pieces, divided
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion,
t tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese, divided
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Layer the potatoes, onions, 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese, and butter in the slow cooker. Repeat layers.
- Blend the milk, flour, salt, nutmeg, and pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
- Gently pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 7 hours.
- Serve hot, sprinkle some parsley and additional finely shredded swiss cheese on top.
Makes 5 to 6 servings.
NOTE: to make this the main dish, serve with steamed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower or a fresh salad.