Peanut butter and chocolate are the perfect combos. These cookies are perfect for any time of year and any occasion, especially since you can bake up a batch in under an hour. That’s right, these scratch cookies are easy and make for a pretty presentation with their sparkly sugar coating and chocolate-candy topping.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- 3 dozen milk chocolate stars
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, shortening, and egg.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
- Place about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Immediately press 1 chocolate star firmly in each cookie; cool on wire rack.
Have just crunchy peanut butter on hand? Go ahead and use it for a peanut-ier, slightly bumpier cookie.
- Roll in colored sugar sprinkles for a more festive look.