Oh man! It’s spring and it’s strawberry pickin’ time! What a perfect dessert for these warm spring days! Strawberries n Cream Cake is super simple and super quick to make — your guests, family, and co-workers will love it!
1 box white cake mix
Ingredients cake mix calls for
1 cup boiling water
1 box sugar-free strawberry gelatin
1 container prepared whipped topping
Fresh, ripe strawberries, hulled and halved.
- Preheat the oven according to the directions on the cake mix box.
- Prepare the cake batter, according to the directions on the cake mix box.
- Bake the cake in a 13″x9″ pan, about 25 – 30 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack.
- While the cake is baking, combine the boiling water and gelatin, stirring to dissolve the gelatin.
- Using a wooden spoon handle, poke holes in the cake. Very carefully, pour the gelatin over the cake.
- Cool completely in the refrigerator. About 2 hours.
- Cover the top of the cake with the prepared whipped topping.
- Top the cake with the halved strawberries.
- Serve chilled. Any leftovers (say what?) should be covered and refrigerated.
Substitute blueberries and blue raspberry gelatin.
Substitute mandarin oranges and orange gelatin.
Substitute raspberries and raspberry gelatin.
The possibilities are endless! I’d love to see/read about your versions! Share them in the comments below!
© 2020 CookingWithLisaB.com