Who doesn’t love super fluffy pancakes? I know that come Sunday morning, in addition to some yummy biscuits and sausage gravy, there better be some pancakes with REAL maple syrup on the table too!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon or nutmeg
1 1/4 cups white milk
3 tbsp butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, beat together the milk, egg, and butter. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and gently pour the egg mixture in.
- Mix the batter till almost smooth. There should be some lumps in the batter.
- Heat an oiled griddle or fry pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake onto the griddle.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot with some real maple syrup.
Some variations for you:
- Mix in some chopped bananas and chocolate chips.
- Mix in some fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
- Mix in some chopped pecans, walnuts, or hazelnuts.
- Mix in some cookie sprinkles for “birthday cake” pancakes.
- Mix in food coloring for fun-cakes.
- The possibilities are endless!
© 2020 Cooking With LisaB. All Rights Reserved.