A versatile, simple, and yummy addition to the table any time of year! I like to use a banana extract instead of the vanilla and top with sliced bananas and whipped cream! The possibilities are endless with this pie! Let me know what your favorite
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (9-inch) baked pie crust – can also be a graham or shortbread crust!
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups half-and-half
- ½ cup butter – softened
- ¼cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (can use banana, rum, brandy, fruit-flavored, etc.)
- Ground cinnamon for sprinkling – optional
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in the half-and-half and cook over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, add butter, brown sugar, extract, and stir until butter is melted. Pour into baked pie shell and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Bake 35 minutes; center of pie will not be set. Cool pie 1 hour, then refrigerate 6 to 8 hours, or until ready to serve. Pie will set upon chilling. Cover for longer storage.
- Top with your favorite fruits, chocolate, sprinkles, whipped cream or whatever your heart desires!!