Once again, here I am sharing another recipe from my “old days” of baking and no picture to go with it! You’ll just have to trust me that it looks just as wonderful as it tastes! One of these days, I’ll have to spoil my hubby and make this again — and remember to take a dang picture! Haha!
1 1/2 cups shortbread crumbs (whatever your fave shortbread cookie is)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick butter) melted
2 (14-ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
1 cup key lime juice (you could use regular lime juice – but why?)
2 whole large eggs
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons key lime zest, divided
1 cup quality white chocolate (I prefer Ghirardelli – either chips or chopped)
2 tbsp whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the cookie crumbs and butter with your hands. Press the mixture firmly into a 9-inch pie pan, and bake until brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before filling.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, lime juice, 1 tbsp zest, and eggs. Whisk until well blended and place the filling in the cooled pie shell.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spread over the top of the pie using a spatula.
- Melt together the white chocolate and whipping cream – pour over the pie. Chill till firm — about an hour.
- Sprinkle the remaining lime zest as a garnish on top and serve chilled.
I hope you enjoy this as much as my customers did!!