We have hassle back potatoes, hassle back apples, hassle back sweet potatoes, and now we can add chicken breast to our collection! Start with large, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, yummy pesto and cheese and you have yourself the star of dinner! I prefer to start with slightly frozen chicken breasts, as they are easier to cut!
2 large chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. Pesto (you can find this in the produce area of your grocery store)
3-4 oz. low-moisture mozzarella (opt for the fresh, ball-shaped mozzarella here)
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Using a sharp paring knife, make slits in the chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Make a cut about every ¼ inch all the way down each chicken breast.
- Slice the mozzarella into thin slices about 1/8 inch.
- Using a small spoon spread some pesto down into each cut.
- Insert a small, thin slice of mozzarella cheese into each slit in the chicken.
- When both chicken breasts are done, bake them at 350º F for 30-45 minutes.
- The chicken should register 165º F when it’s cooked through.
- Serve hassle back chicken with salad, some steamed veggies, or on a bed of jasmine rice!
If you don’t like pesto, after baking, drizzle with some raspberry vinaigrette instead!