A deliciously creamy cheesecake infused with fresh ginger that is just refreshing at the end of a lovely warm spring evening, sitting on the porch listening to the evening birdsong!
I just love this! I have made this as a replacement for pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and let me tell you, the pumpkin pie was not missed! This was also a special request back in 2007 for an office party. Afterwards, the client let me know that it was the first dessert to be eaten!
2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
2-3 Tbsp. melted butter
3 cups cream cheese, softened
2 cups sour cream, room temp
1 cup heavy cream
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. fresh grated ginger
1 tsp. lemon juice
Crystallized ginger, cut into 1/4 inch strips
Put It All Together:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cookies and butter, press into 9 inch spring form pan.
- Place an oven-safe glass pan filled with warm water on the bottom rack in the oven.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes, remove and cool.
- In a blender, blend cream cheese, sour cream, and heavy cream till smooth.
- Add in brown sugar, grated ginger and lemon juice.
- Place mixture into a large bowl.
- Gently stir in eggs. DO NOT OVER STIR.
- Pour the mixture into pan.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hour. Turn oven off and let cool to room temperature.
- Place pan on wire rack to cool to room temperature. Run a knife around the cake to loosen.
- When cooled, remove ring. Refrigerate 2 hours till cold.
- Remove cake from pan, garnish with whipped cream and the crystallized ginger strips.
- Return to the refrigerator overnight.