8 oz. ground raw chicken
1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/4 c. finely chopped celery or water chestnuts
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. dry sherry
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. grated gingerroot
1/2 (16 oz.) pkg. wonton wrappers
2 tbsp. butter, melted
- In a medium skillet cook and stir ground chicken until no pink remains, breaking the chicken up into small bits; drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, dry sherry and cornstarch. Stir into the chicken.
- Stir in carrots, celery or water chestnuts, and gingerroot; mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of the filling atop a wonton wrapper, lightly brush edges with water.
- To shape each wonton, carefully bring 2 opposite points of the square wrapper up over the filling and pinch together in the center.
- Carefully bring the 2 remaining opposite points to the center and pinch together.
- Pinch together edges to seal.
- Place wontons on a greased baking sheet. Brush the wontons with melted butter.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown and crisp.
- Serve with Hoisin Sauce.
* If you don’t have Hoisin sauce, you can substitute your favorite sweet-n-sour sauce, plum sauce, or even strawberry glaze!
Makes approximately 25 servings.