Of all the zucchini bread recipes out there, I have the ONLY Zucchini Bread Recipe you need! I use this recipe to make the base of a creamy zucchini cheesecake (totally secret recipe, if I told you, I’d have to kill you) and for many friends and family! Zucchini season is almost upon us, so what better way to celebrate the zucchini than with a recipe?
ONLY Zucchini Bread Recipe Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp fresh grated nutmeg (1/2 tsp dry)
1 tsp lemon zest, chopped
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup grated fresh zucchini (with skin on)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan. It’s best if you have a dark pan. I find that a dark pan gives better browning!
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil, and brown sugar till smooth.
- Next, mix the egg into the butter mixture, till well blended. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, spices, soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Add in flour mixture, 1 cup at a time till all is smooth.
- Place the shredded zucchini onto a tea towel and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Fold in zucchini, pecans, and the lemon zest.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30-50 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on rack.
- Slice the ONLY Zucchini Bread into 1-inch slices and serve with a slathering of sweet cream butter, if you wish!
Check out my completely Awesome Smoothies eCookbook!
Copyright 2017 CookingWithLisaB.com